Do you think you have the whole spring cleaning thing under control? There is a pretty good chance that your home isn’t as clean as you think. Make your house clean enough to impress even your Mom by tackling these overlooked areas of your home:
Dirt’s Favorite Hiding Places in Your Home
- Garbage disposal. The most common symptom of an overlooked garbage disposal is a stinky sink. Run a few cups of ice through your garbage disposal monthly to prevent a buildup of foul odors.
- Under sink tip-out drawer. That tiny hinged drawer right under your sink is a handle place to keep your sponge, but it is easily forgotten during routine cleaning. Remember to give it a good scrubbing if you want to keep your sponge mold-free.
- Inside cupboard shelves. What was the last time you gave the inside of your kitchen cabinets a good clean? No need to be embarrassed, but just do it already. Remember to remove everything from inside your cupboard first to avoid getting dirt and cleaner on your plates.
- Glasses and dishes. While your plates and glasses are out of the closet, it is the perfect time to get rid of any remaining water spots which your dishwasher may leave behind. Give them the white-glove treatment, by steaming them over a pot of water just like best restaurants do.
- Under and around the microwave. It will amaze you at what you can find under your microwave. Do the right thing and completely move it if you for a better clean. But if you can’t move your microwave, do the next best thing and try to sweep out and scrub under and around it.
- Dishwasher interior. Do you want clean plates and cups? Well, then you better make sure that the inside of your dishwasher is clean enough to eat off. They sell dishwasher cleaners for a reason: Buy and use them.
- Washing machine interior. The same goes for your washing machine. What is the use of trying to get your clothes clean in a filthy machine? You and your family at least deserve better.
- Under the bathroom sink. Look under your bathroom sink, and you might find that thing you thought you lost. Bathroom vanities have a way of collecting stuff including dirt and grime, so clean them out occasionally.
- Behind the toilet tank. Do you think cleaning the toilet bowl is a stomach-churning chore? Just think of the nastiness which has collected on the backside of the toilet tank. Pro tip: Wear gloves.
Now that your home is sparkling clean, perhaps it is time to think about picking up some brand-spanking new furniture and accessories. Wickmans Furniture in Agoura Hills has a huge selection of furnishings at affordable prices. Get directions to our showroom online, or by calling 818-991-4800.